Based in Hamburg, Germany
31 August, 2020
PC / Steam
Code Arcturus is a retro inspired arcade-style action platformer, with aliens, robots, spikes, explosions, and lots of coins. Blast your way through levels, compete for the fastest times on the leaserboards in Speedrun mode, or put your skills to the ultimate test in Nerfed mode.
Code Arcturus was meant as a love-letter to old-school 2d arcade shooters, as well as to the Speedrunning community. The game is on the more difficult side, and is designed in a way that should appeal to speedrunning enthusiasts.
- 16-bit inspired pixel art style, with sprinkles of modern elements
- 12 levels in alien laboratory environments filled with extraterrestrial technology
- 10+ enemies including a challenging final boss, both metal and squishy, dropping lots of shinies when killed
- Gems scattered in levels, some may need to be revisited with improved gear to obtain
- Spend these coins and gems to upgrade The Marine's gear
- Replay levels and compete for the fastest clear time with Steam leaderboards in Speedrun mode, using all the gear you managed to unlock
- Master each level in Nerfed mode, where all your upgraded gear is taken away, and you are forced to rely on your skills and reflexes
- Various challenges & achievements
- Individual music tracks matching the feel of each level
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Norbert Érsek allows for the contents of Code Arcturus to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Code Arcturus is legally & explicitly allowed by Norbert Érsek. This permission can be found in writing at http://norbert.gg/press/sheet.php?p=Code_Arcturus.
About Norbert Érsek
Software developer by day, indie game developer by night.
More information on Norbert Érsek, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Code Arcturus Credits
Game Design, Development
Red Sky Sounds